Collagen Induction Therapy and Scar Reduction Therapy
Skinpen™ is a non-invasive skin needling treatment that restores and rejuvenates the skin by reducing wrinkles and fine lines, tightening and improving elasticity, shrinking enlarged pores, minimising scarring, and repairing pigmentation, sun damaged and ageing skin.
HOW DOES SKIN NEEDLING WORK?
The Skinpen uses vertical penetration to create infusion channels into the skin to instantly create hydration with hyaluronic acid and infuse collagen stimulating ingredients.
Skinpen Collagen Induction Therapy + ScarReduction Therapy works by stimulating your own body’s collagen; your body will start to naturally regenerate the skin, working below the surface of the dermis. New skin cells are generated and blood supply is enhanced in return, improving the skins texture and reducing wrinkles. It also has a positive effect on hyper-pigmentation as well as hypo-pigmentation, new collagen fibres, an improved blood supply and harmonise pigmentation.
You will notice a fresher skin within 6 weeks. However your skin will continue to improve over 6-12mths.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Prior to your first treatment, your clinician will consult with you to assess your suitability for Skinpen™ and discuss any concerns or questions you may.
The treatment involves our clinician making small punctures to the outermost layers of your skin with the Skinpen™. An anaesthetic agent will be applied to minimise discomfort throughout the treatment.
- Prime your skin two weeks prior with vitamin A, vitamin C and other growth factor serums
- Avoid tanning and prolonged sun exposure for two weeks prior
- Cease blood thinners, anti-inflammatory medications, omega-oils, multivitamins, vitamin B, vitamin E and glucosamine for one week prior to minimise the risk of bruising
- Men are to be clean shaven prior to treatment
Advise your clinician if you:
- Are taking topical antibiotics for acne (will need to cease two weeks prior to treatment)
- Have active sunburn, solar keratosis or tan
- Have cosmetic body implants
- Are taking arrhythmia medications (will need to cease prior to treatment)
- Have an auto-immune disorder
- Are taking blood thinners (aspirin, Warfarin, ibuprofen, fish oils, ginkgo biloba and alcohol), photosensitisers, and/or antidepressants (consult with client’s general practitioner prior to treatment)
- Have received cosmetic injectable treatments in the past 14 days or electrolysis in the past week
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE
- Is pregnant
- Is, or has taken isotretinoin in the past six months
- Has cold sores, acne, or any other skin infection
- Has tested positive for Hep B, Hep C, or HIV
- Has had any laser resurfacing in the last three months
- Currently has a bacterial or fungal infection
- Has a history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring or wound healing
- Has areas of skin that are numb or lack sensation
- Has undergone radiation treatment in the last 12 months
- Has a history of post-inflammatory pigmentation
If you are unsure, contact your clinic.
- Redness, swelling, sensitivity, tenderness and stinging, which is usually resolved within 24 hours.
- Patchy redness, dry flaky skin, can persist for up to 5 days
- Avoid excessive exercise in the first 24 hours
- Avoid scrubs and exfoliants and strong skincare products for the first three to five days
- Avoid cosmetic injectables for the first week
- Avoid tanning and prolonged sun exposure for the first two weeks
- Consider taking natural supplements or antiviral medication for prevention if you are prone to cold sores
- Take home after care products are included
FOLLOW-UP AND NEXT STEPS
- To achieve the best results, an initial course of three treatments every four weeks is recommended.
- Your health and well-being is our priority. If you are concerned about any aspect of your treatment, or if you become unwell – contact your clinic immediately.