Anti Wrinkle Injections
Purified protein is skilfully injected into the muscle to stop communication with the nerve, bringing the area treated to a relaxed state.
Anti Wrinkle Injections
- Instant softening of wrinkles
- Reducing worry lines
- Smoothing out fine lines
- Overall more youthful appearance
- Highly effective in softening and preventing dynamic lines
- Can be used to lift the eyebrows
- Quick and convenient treatment with no downtime
- Results last up to 4 months
- If you have repeat treatments, the results may last longer
HOW DO ANTI-WRINKLE INJECTIONS WORK?
Wrinkles are caused by the habitual and uncontrollable contraction of some of the tiny muscles of the face, which wrinkle up the overlying skin. Anti-wrinkle injections work to alleviate wrinkles on a biological basis; by blocking the signal from the brain which tells your wrinkle-causing muscles to contract.
The product we use is a modified form of a naturally occurring substance which blocks the signals between your facial nerves and these superficial muscles, which ultimately allows the skin to relax.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Anti-wrinkle injections can give you a more relaxed and youthful looking face, forehead or eyes, whilst still allowing mobility. Anti-wrinkle injections are particularly effective in treating deep frown lines and horizontal forehead lines.
At In2skin we have access to a wide range of different anti-wrinkle technologies and in consultation with you, will use these anti-wrinkle injections in conjunction with a complete treatment plan for your face and skin.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS?
On rare occasion, side effects immediately following anti-wrinkle injections can include mild bruising from the injection itself, headache or flu-like symptoms.
Very rarely the following side side effects can also occur:
- Eyelid droop
- Eye twitching
- Weakness in surrounding muscles
Anti-Wrinkle Injections are not suitable for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Any side effects that occur are temporary and all risks are discussed in detail with our nurse and doctors at your consultation appointment.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Anti-wrinkle injections typically last 3-6 months depending on how your body metabolises the product. Repeat treatments depend on the individual and our medical team will be able to advise the best time to make your next appointment.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY TREATMENT?
You’ll speak with our nurse about your background and medical history and our team will formulate a treatment plan for your wrinkles, which may include other therapies in addition to the injections.
At your anti-wrinkle injection appointment:
- The nurse will map out the area to be treated by examining your ability to move certain facial muscles.
- A consultation with our doctor will confirm your treatment plan and outline any risks
- Your skin will be cleansed with antiseptic solution and marked out
- Ice packs are used to numb the treatment area.
- A number of small injections are made in an area targeted to the muscles which are causing your wrinkles, each to a specific depth and with a specific volume of product.
The procedure will take 20 minutes. For new clients allow 60 mins.
IS IT PAINFUL?
Anti-wrinkle injections are administered using a very fine needle and a very small amount of liquid. Many people say it feels like a mosquito bite. We use ice to numb the area prior to the injection so you hardly feel a thing.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER MY TREATMENT?
You may begin to see the effects of your anti wrinkle treatment at 3 days and can expect the full effect after 14 days and for the effects to last approximately 3-6 months. There is no downtime to anti-wrinkle injections and you will be able to wear makeup and return to work immediately after your appointment.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I TAKE PRE AND POST?
There is no downtime required for anti-wrinkle injections and you can resume normal activities immediately. However you should avoid the following for at least 24 hours:
- Strenuous exercise
- Consumption of alcohol
- Massage or manipulation of the injection sites
It is also recommended to avoid the following for two weeks:
- Extended exposure to sun or uv light
- Extended exposure to heat or freezing temperatures
Exposure to any of the above may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection sites. If you have swelling at the injection site you can apply an ice pack for a brief period to help with discomfort.
We always recommend the use of sunscreen to prevent sun damage to the skin. Sunscreen with SPF 30 or above should be used daily. If you are under the sun for prolonged periods of time, sunscreen needs to be reapplied at least once every two hours.